About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Monday, April 2, 2012

One more week!!!

In one week from now I am going to be holding my newborn son (see previous post). That has been playing through my head all day today, I just can't believe it is so close!

I've got some warring emotions going on around the idea of bringing this baby home and forever altering the perfect little world we have with Mommy, Daddy, and Kaleb. I find myself getting sad thinking about how this is the last week where it will be just the three of us together. How, very very soon, Kaleb is going to have to share his Mommy and Daddy. I'm not sitting here wringing my hands over it or anything, but just surfing some pretty crazy emotional and hormonal surges here. I keep telling myself that he is getting a new brother, that this beautiful world we have created as a family of three is just going to get bigger, better, and more amazing with the addition of another member. But I for sure am having weepy moments over all these "lasts" that will be happening this week. I think it is okay to be somewhat sad to have this stage of our family's life coming to an end. Just as much as it is okay to be really excited and happy for the next chapter to begin.

On the exciting front, the nursery is done! It is baby jungle theme and I absolutely love it. I got my green for the walls like I have wanted for so long, and it looks really good with the decor I picked out. All of Jacob's clothes (new things from the girls at work and Kaleb's hand-me-downs) are washed, folded, and organized into his dresser/changing table. I had saved the newborn and size 1 diapers that Kaleb grew out of before he could wear them, they are all set up in the diaper caddy thing that came with the room accessories. It feels great to have that room all set up and situated and to the "Just Add Baby" stage :)

Kaleb also had his room completely redone this weekend. He has a twin size bed now, it looks so big in there! And he looks so small! A friend asked if I was having a hard time with Kaleb not having a baby room anymore, with all the big boy stuff he has, and I think it would be a lot tougher if we weren't also creating a new nursery at the same time. There is nothing 'baby' about his room now, he has his big boy bed and new furniture, including a night stand with a lamp he can turn on and off himself. We also got a toy and book storage shelf thing so all his toys are rounded up and in his room now, super nice for our living room! We decorated his room with a transportation theme, including Thomas. He has Thomas the Tank sheets and I bought a wall decal kit so all his favorite engines are on the wall by his bed. The rest of the room has trucks, planes, construction equipment, and all other things that go. I am hoping to make him a little reading nook in there next to his book shelf, and still also have an entire blank wall to decorate. Currently I'm thinking a big map on the wall, colorful and educational and fun :)

It is so crazy that this is the last week of being a family of three. I can't wait for the next phase of our family to get kicked off. At the same time, I am soaking up every single moment of this week, and embracing my sentimental emotions over it being the end of an era.

No comments:

Post a Comment