About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Morning Madness!

This morning it was tough to be a working mom. Kaleb has been doing some serious teething the past few days, he was up at 4:30 this morning wanting to nurse, which meant I was up as well. With him not having slept or napped well the past few days, he was extra clingy and crabby this morning. So, from 4:45 to 7:00 I was trying to juggle the need to soothe and comfort my crying son with the need to get us both ready, packed, and out the door on time. I’m committed to not venting out my stress and frustration in front of Kaleb, so I had the added struggle of reigning that back in and being calm and attentive while watching the minutes slipping away on the clock, putting me closer and closer to being late for work. While I truly love the work I do in my career, I admit that I experienced anger over feeling as if I had to ignore my baby when he needed me so that I could arrive at the office on time. This combined with the stress of hearing Kaleb crying and fussing basically non-stop for over two hours made for a tough start to my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment