About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Behind the Facebook Updates

What a fun weekend! I'm going to share my two Facebook updates and some thoughts:

Fun filled day! Started @the farmers market with Jennifer Christian. Kaleb & I shared a lunch of veggie focaccia bread from the market, then he took a 3 hour nap, cha ching! Next, Rivertown for new candles, the play area w/ my sis and her daughter, then dinner w/ them at Applebees. Finished with a walk with Kaleb and Loki. Now it's time for new candles, quiet house, and a book. Take THAT rainy Saturday!

That was from Saturday evening, what a great and busy day that turned out to be. Kyle was gone since Friday night at 8:30 for my brother's bachelor party up at the cottage. I don't usually mind Kyle being gone on trips, the solitude of a quiet house is welcome every now and again :)

On Sunday morning, Kaleb and I got up and fed him breakfast while I had my coffee. We read lots of books, watched the birds, fed the birds, watched some more...the typical weekend morning. We had dinner at my mom and dad's house with Laura and the girls, Kerry, and Allison. The guys got home while we were there, Mikey was full of great stories and seemed to have had a great time. Kaleb and I went to Meijer, Kyle met us there with cans to return. Once the groceries were put away, I went for a walk with Kaleb and Loki, but Kaleb kept dragging the toe of his shoe so we ended the walk early. Here is the post from tonight:

Kyle is home, safe and bruised, from my baby bro's paintball bachelor party at the cottage. We all had a great weekend, and had fun trading stories of our adventures :) Now, we get to end the weekend with family play time, bath by Dada (the usual, Kaleb misses that when Kyle is gone!), bedtime, chili (to warm Kyle up and welcome him home after a rainy weekend up north), and a new Game of Thrones!


Bath time is just ending and I need to go brush Kaleb's teeth. I am happy that I have a life where I get to make my husband chili to welcome him home and where that husband loves me and my son so very much. It feels cozy and happy. Yes, also pretty domesticated...and I didn't even share about the new PJ's I got this weekend... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment