About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

True to form, Kyle gave me a wonderful Mother's Day today. Started by sleeping in until 9:30, the kind of sleeping in where I didn't even realize I'd done it until I woke up and saw the clock. When I came out to the kitchen, Kyle and Kaleb were playing on the couch. Kaleb had been up since 7, so the two of them had already had a full morning. I really love my weekend mornings with Kaleb, but every once in a while it is nice to be the one who wakes up to my family already up and about.

There was a gift bag and a couple cards waiting on the kitchen table. Kyle had brought home a hoodie for me from Newport Beach, with OC on the front :) The hoodie is pretty big, but we agreed it will be perfect for if I'm 5+ months pregnant this winter. Kaleb "got" me a kit that we could use to make a stepping stone for the garden. There was bacon simmering in a pan on the stove, so I'd get to wake up to the smell of bacon. If you know Kyle, you understand that this is quite the gesture!

After pouring my coffee, we played outside with Kaleb for a while, he loooooves outside right now! I had him help me get the dogs some water from the front spiggot, he carried the bowl half full of water all the way to the back yard, and there was still about a 1/4 bowl of water. It's so awesome to watch him practice all these new skills.

Kaleb went down for an early nap, we had some leisurely tv time on the couch, a rarity on weekends for us. Dinner with my family at Longhorn, then we went to Toys R Us where we got a 3-in-1 bike for Kaleb...I was SO excited when Kyle brought that up on the way to dinner!

When we got home we went outside and Kyle and Kaleb made my stepping stone, with Kaleb's hand prints in it. Kaleb got good and dirty playing in the water and mud in the front yard while Kyle cleaned out a bucket to use for mixing the cement, that was fun to watch!

While I got Kaleb cleaned up from his muddy pursuits, Kyle put together the new bike and we went for a brief walk. Then it was off to find a playground. We went to the one at Knapp Forest Elementary, WOW! That's a nice school, we were both impressed and when we got home Kyle was already checking real estate in that district, haha! Kaleb had a fantastic time climbing on everything at the playground, going down the slides, and doing lots of playing with the wood chips.

When he started to show signs of being over-tired, we came home, fed him dinner, did bath, and then it was off to bed for a very worn out little dude. Kyle and I had an easy dinner, frozen pizza, and caught up on some DVR. What a wonderful day filled with family fun, I'm a very blessed woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment