About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Saturday, June 18, 2011

This is going to be tough :(

We celebrated Father's Day with the Remsburgs today, and spent some time discussing grocery shopping and gear for Kaleb's stay with them next week. When we got to talking about how the Monday drop off will go I found myself getting a little choked up. I've been trying very hard not to dwell on the fact that I'm leaving my baby for an entire week. I've tried focusing on the upside, the bonding time with my husband, the great opportunity for Kaleb to have special time with his grandparents, the amazingness of an entire week with no one else to take care of but myself. But, it is getting too close now and I can no longer just plug my ears and sing "la la la" like it isn't happening. It's happening. I'm getting on a plane and flying far far away from my baby boy. So far that, if anything happens to him, it will take me a minimum of half a day to get back to him. And for so long that he will have new skills and words by the time I see him again. I'm going to have a serious struggle to not break down and cry when we are leaving him. I am certain I'll be a hot mess in the car after we leave the Remsburgs. I'm going to miss my little sunshine boy so so SOOOO much. The part of me that excels in worst-case-scenario planning is starting to try to run away with my imagination. I admit it. I'm scared to leave him and the fact that both Kyle and I are leaving him makes it even scarier. All the necessary affairs are in order, if the absolute worst were to happen, we've been responsible parents in making sure Kaleb is taken care of. I know. I'm a bit twisted, but I feel like I have to think of this stuff. I can't wait for the trip, and I *will* have fun, and I *won't* spend the entire trip moping around missing my baby. But, when the end of the trip arrives, I'll also be insanely excited to get on the plane home to my sweet little sunshine boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment