About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Counting Blessings

Sometimes you get hit with a wave of thankfulness, a full on realization of just how blessed you are. I live my life with a commitment to be mindful of all I have been blessed with, but there are those moments where it just takes my breath away. As Kyle and I were driving from dinner last night to go pick up our beautiful son and bring him home, I experienced one of these moments.

Last night, Kyle and I took Kaleb to the Remsburg's where he would spend some time so we could go out for dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday. My son has the privilege of being adored by both sets of his grandparents, and we are blessed to have them all close. Geographically, they are all within a 20 minute drive, this is an amazing blessing and one that I never want to take for granted. They are also close in the emotional sense of the term. Our parents are all interested in our lives, are all in regular contact with us, and are thrilled for any opportunity to spend time with us and with our child. I am so thankful that my children will grow up having strong bonds to their grandparents!

Kyle and I got to dress up and go out for dinner with my family last night to celebrate my dad's birthday. All my siblings and their spouses where there. I'm blessed to have such a close family, again geographically and emotionally. While we've all had our own battles and struggles in life, we are ultimately healthy and happy and I am so thankful to get to see each of my siblings happy and blessed.

I'm thankful for the blessing of gainful employment for both me and my spouse, so that our family can enjoy things like birthday celebration dinners. That we have a warm and safe home to come back to after we go out. I am thankful for the safe and reliable vehicle in which we drove to pick up our son and bring him home in last night. I am blessed to have been able to do some research on the best toys for my son for Christmas and birthday this year and to be in a financial position where I can put gifts under the Christmas tree.

I count it a true blessing that I have never yet had to face the stress of not being able to put nutritious food on our family table. This is something I will never take for granted, and I say a prayer of thanks every time I am in the checkout at the grocery store with my cart full of food for my family.

I have my family, the most blessed part of my life. I have a healthy and happy son. That statement alone is one to stop and savor. We have been blessed with a healthy pregnancy, another little life growing safely inside me. My son has a father who loves him, who is involved in his care and upbringing. I am blessed to have my husband beside me as we raise our family, as my best friend and as my partner in building this amazing life.

These are the things I think about in my quiet moments. I never want to lose sight of just how many blessings I have in my life. The day to day can be so tiring, and can leave negative thoughts swirling. But these things I've shared today, for me these are what it is truly all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment