About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Saturday, September 10, 2011

It can't be...can it?!

I'm trying to get dressed to go furniture shopping and then down to Hispanic Festival. I have gone through at least 5 outfits, all weekend go-to's that were just fine last weekend. In every of the outfits I try on, I look pregnant. How is that possible? I'm 8.5 weeks, that's only 2 months. With Kaleb I wasn't showing until 5 months, at the earliest. I went through the "maybe I'm just having a fat day" already, but the part of my stomach that is sticking out is hard to the touch, not mushy. Also, I got on the scale and I haven't gained a pound, which I would think lends credence to the "it's not a food baby" theory. I'm not gassy and have been plenty regular so I doubt it is that.

This seems crazy, so I googled it (my solution to everything!) and found a number of baby sites with second time around pregnant ladies saying the same thing. There are a lot of women out there reporting "popping" or starting to show around 8 or 9 weeks. I knew to expect to show a bit earlier the second time around, but I thought that meant a month early, not 3 months early!

All my other symptoms are tracking in line with my first pregnancy, but the symptom that is going to be really tough to play off as something else seems to have arrived a few months ahead of schedule. This isn't the "thickening of the waist line that may have your clothes feeling snug" that the baby book talks about. My clothes still fit exactly the same. I'm not deluded, I just tried on a pair of freshly washed jeans that fit last weekend, and they still fit, and fit the same way.

I know what you're thinking, I'm rolling my eyes too at the pregnant chick grasping at straws for why my stomach is sticking out so much right now. I still need to make it 4 weeks before we are planning to announce. Come on cooler weather and big sweaters! Or, come on tomorrow morning when everything looks normal again and this extended stomach is back to it's normal amount of sticking outedness!

No comments:

Post a Comment