About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Missing 'Bissy'

I just got the news that one of my favorite teachers at Kid's World, Miss Elizabeth, has put in her 2 week notice. This is such hard news to receive. I'm happy for her because she is pursuing a great opportunity. But I can't help it, I'm so sad for Kaleb. He loves this teacher, his face lights up every time we see her in the morning, he talks about her outside of day care. He calls her "Bissy". I hate the reality that after next Friday she is going to be gone from his life. I hate it so much that I'm crying. This has only happened with 2 other teachers since we started there, Miss Angie and Miss Diane. Other teachers have left, but there are just those few that you really really like and that you can tell your baby has bonded with. And now that bond is about to be broken, and that hurts my heart.

I know that this type of thing is usually much harder on the parent than on the child. Kaleb is so resilient, he will move on and probably not really suffer much at all. He still has Miss Megan, his primary teacher, and I know he loves her very much, and I'm a huge fan of her too.

It is a hard thing to accept, the loss of an important influence in your child's life. I get it that this is inherent to day care, the teachers move on and you know going into it that this will happen. And it isn't just day care, it happens with all child care situations. I remember when I left my nanny position before starting at Farmers. I am now seeing what it must have been like for that mom. So hard. So sad.

Best wishes, Bissy, we miss you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment