About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just not feelin' it this week

It's been over a week since I last wrote here, not for lack of stuff to share, just haven't been in a "bloggy" mood I guess. I've been caught off guard a couple times this past week with a minor case of pregnancy bitchiness. Haven't actually snapped or lashed out at anyone (at least not that I noticed, maybe I did and the person just rolled his/her eyes behind my back?). Anyway. I'll be sitting at my desk and just be generally annoyed with the world, every little thing getting on my nerves in a way that doesn't typically happen. I forgot that pregnancy hormones can do this to you. This has most likely contributed to the general feeling of 'blah' I've had towards most things this week.

Kaleb continues to amaze me with his rapidly developing communication skills. He's stringing together 4-6 word sentences now. Not completely effortlessly, it usually takes him a few tries with all 4 or 6 words before he gets them in the right order, but it is still wild to hear him talking like this! At day care this month each of the kids in Kaleb's class has a goal, they are posted just inside the door to his classroom. I expected Kaleb's to be something like "use a big boy cup" or "help clean up toys". When I saw that his goal is "put on shoes and socks" it took me by surprise. How can he already be old enough for that to be a reasonable goal?! I trust his teachers, they know what he is capable of, and I love that they are pushing him, I just can't believe my baby boy is already old enough to be learning to dress himself!

I'm 8 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. In the past week 2 friends have announced their own pregnancies, one on facebook and one in person to me. It has been really tough both times not to burst out with "ME TOO!!" but I've controlled myself. Only 4 more weeks until it is my turn to for a big reveal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment