About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quick Capture of a Milestone

Not really feeling all that "bloggy" lately, but I wanted to capture a milestone that happened today.

When I got to day care to pick Kaleb up tonight I saw the following written in the parent comment section of his daily report sheet:

"Kaleb peed on the potty today!!"

Now that he has graduated to the Tigger room, part of the daily routine is going to the real bathrooms for diaper changes instead of doing them in the care room. The kids are all given an opportunity to sit on the big boy/big girl potty while they are there. Kaleb has been taking advantage of the chance to sit on the potty for a few weeks now, today he actually used it :)

What a fun surprise to read about when I picked him up today! I'm encouraged that he is showing signs of interest, both at home and at day care, in potty training. I would love to have him well on his way before the new baby arrives. I don't want to have him trying to accomplish that at the same time as adjusting to a new baby, so I'm hoping this is the sign that he is getting ready to start the process, which will give us plenty of time to have him comfortable with a new potty routine before baby gets here.

Oh, and since he is my kid, and my mind works this way, I did ask the following clarifying question of his teacher:

"I see it says 'peed ON the potty', before I get too excited, does that mean he used the toilet as it is intended to be used or that he peed all over it while another child was trying to use it?"

Hey man, I wouldn't put it past him!

No comments:

Post a Comment