About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Change in Seasons

I used to dread winter, to hate it with a passion. I've always enjoyed fall, but in the past the fact that it signaled the approach of the snow and the cold made it impossible for me to count it my favorite season. This year I am finding myself excited for all the things winter brings. The Christmas tree in the living room, the weekend mornings with coffee and snuggles with Kaleb while we watch the birds at the feeder while the snow falls outside and we are warm and cozy inside. Reading books about Thanksgiving, baking and decorating cookies together, singing Christmas songs together, the excitement of watching Kaleb stare in awe as we put the Christmas tree up as a family. All of these things have me super excited about the fact that this cool fall weather means that winter is on its way. If you've knew me before I had Kaleb, you understand that excitement and anticipation about winter is a crazy shift for me!

There is also the forever nostalgia of the winter of 2009, when I was at the end of my pregnancy with Kaleb and filled with anticipation of meeting him. Those amazing first few days in the hospital after he was born, where it was just our new little family. Coming home from the hospital and getting to take our son to Christmas celebrations to meet his family. Then the weeks of snuggling up in the warm house, just me and Kaleb while Kyle was at work all day, with the snow outside and my perfect new baby safe and happy and cuddled with me inside. Yeah, I've completely romanticized winter now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment