About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Deep end swimmer, songs, and The Enforcer

I went on Friday morning to my first OB appointment with Dr. Harro. My uterus is measuring on track for 11.5 weeks, so that was reassuring. But. He wasn't able to find my little bean's heartbeat. He was good to point out that it is only about a 20% success rate finding it this early, but I was kinda freaked out. Still am. After he finished the exam I pulled myself together and asked him "But, I'm for sure pregnant, right?" That's when he explained that my uterus is measuring where it should be for this pregnancy and that the tests have come back as positive. I will go this Friday for an early ultrasound. I'm working not to entertain visions of the u/s tech moving the wand all around and not finding what she is looking for. I'm sure that little bean was just, as Dr. Harro said, 'swimming in the deep end' last Friday and that at the u/s appt. we will see a healthy little one swimming around happily in there. Although I'm sure everything is just fine, I won't be officially announcing until after I get that confirmation next week.

Kaleb has been asking me to sing him songs a lot over the past few weeks, it is really sweet how he says "song?", especially when it is just before bed, after we've finished our prayers and I'm just rocking him a bit. Last night we were playing before bed time and he asked for the Itsy Bitsy Spider song. As I was singing it to him he was 'singing along'. Talk about melting my heart! His little voice singing, wow, he sooo has me wrapped around every single one of those precious little fingers of his!

Yesterday was a house cleaning day, you could say it was a seriously delayed spring cleaning around here. So Kyle and I were all over the house and Kaleb was just bouncing back and forth between us and his toys. At one point he was in his room playing and he called out 'Mommy!' so I said 'What, buddy?' and he said 'Whatcha doin'?' hahah! It was pretty cute and not at all what I expected to hear. He was saying it all day, "Whatcha doin', Mommy?!" with this excited tone in his voice.

I got reports this week that Kaleb has decided he is the teacher's aide in behavioral matters at day care. When the teacher tells another child not to do something, or to stop doing something, Kaleb then runs over to the child and repeats the instructions. If this was as far as it went it would be cute and silly. Unfortunately, he takes the Enforcer role to another level. A little boy was climbing on the book case and the teacher told him to get down. He didn't. Kaleb went over and told him to get down. He didn't. So, Kaleb removed him from the book case...I know this is not okay, but you can't fault me for having a smile over my Jr. Teacher now, can you? Not to worry, I won't be encouraging the behavior. But when Kaleb is in bed at night, I do indulge in a smirk over it. I'm pretty sure this is standard behavior for an oldest child.

No comments:

Post a Comment