About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I'd know that feeling anywhere...right?

This morning as I was laying in bed after my alarm went off, I felt some fluttering movements. It seemed a bit early but I definitely felt something like a little flutter. Tonight after work as I was sitting on the couch with Kaleb I felt some much more pronounced little jabs about an inch above and to the right of my belly button. A few flips and maybe some tiny kicks and punches. I'm just a couple days shy of 14 weeks.

According the books my uterus should be just reaching my belly button by now. But, for weeks now I've had a hard bump beneath my ribs and above my belly button. Also, in the past week my belly button has started to "hood" on the top, something that happens during pregnancy, but with Kaleb didn't happen until a few months down the road from now. I haven't gained any weight. Seems odd and I know it isn't what the books say is supposed to be the case right now. But, anecdotal evidence (aka google searching) does say it is possible to have a higher bump and to feel movements this early with second pregnancies.

Another reason I am leaning towards these being first movements is that today was a busy day at work, where I was in training all over the building. So I moved all day long and didn't really rest until I got home and put my feet up. With Kaleb I would get all kinds of movement under those circumstances.

Feeling these movements is amaaaazing. I forgot just how awesome this is. And, just in case these really are the first movements I felt with this little one, I wanted to capture it here :)

(as I was typing this Kyle decided to share with me that he types 102 words per minute...then clarified that it was in his own language. He then gave me clearance to "use" this in my blog. Thanks, honey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment