About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Smart. Cookie.

I got a report from day care today that Kaleb spelled his name all by himself. Whaaaa?!?! Seriously, is that normal? Is that possible? He is just a baby, right?? I feel super out of the loop on what to expect cognitively at this age, because I feel like that is kinda early for spelling your name. But, I totally believe the teachers and I know they work on this stuff every day, I just can't believe he's already old enough for that. Miss Megan said that up to today he has always responded to "How do you spell your name, Kaleb?" with "uhhmmm R ah uh ah uh" which makes sense because R seems to be his favorite letter

He has been counting to 10 for a couple weeks now. It is common for him to skip either 2 or 3, but once we get to 4 he is golden up to 10.

He has also been helping me read his Scoop the Digger book every night, and he is adding more and more lines to the "his part" collection. As of tonight he is making all the sound effects on every page, saying the "What a mess there was!" line, the "He was stuck!" line, and the "they all laughed" line along with laughing. He also loves to point out the silly bird in the bucket.

I'm so unbelievably proud of him. I have no idea if these accomplishments are ahead of a curve, right on schedule, or developmentally delayed. What I do know is that he amazes me every day!

Okay, that takes care of the "Smart" part of the title. Now for the "Cookie" part. I got some new baking sheets, desperately overdue and necessary! To test them out I baked a couple of the fund raiser cookie dough balls tonight. Kaleb and I then shared cookies and milk while we watched his evening episode of Bubble Guppies. It was the first time we've snuggled over cookies and milk, and it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment