About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Monday, October 10, 2011

Cutest book worm I ever saw!

We hit a milestone this morning that isn't on any of the official charts, but it is a big deal to me. Kaleb read a book by himself for the first time :)

He woke up earlier than usual and I wasn't ready for him to get out of bed yet. I brought him his juice, turned on the lamp in his room, and gave him a couple of our bedtime stories to "read to Elmo" while I got ready. As I was putting on my makeup I heard him 'reading' the stories. He had Dinosaur's Blanket by Sandra Boynton and a book about dinosaurs going on a train ride.

The Dino's Blanket book is a lift the flap about Dinosaur looking for his blankie. When I read it to him I do fun voices for the characters, and Kaleb was mimicking those voices this morning. The part that always makes him laugh when we read it together is where Dinosaur keeps saying "I want my blankie!" and I say it in different dino voices...what's a 'dino voice' you ask? I didn't know either until I started reading kids books :)

The other book about dinosaurs going on a train ride has certain lines that I could hear him repeating. He is especially fond of the page where the train conductor says "All Aboard!" and he read that page a couple times this morning. Just sitting in his crib, reading his books out loud.

Obviously he wasn't actually reading it, but he remembered enough of the stories from reading them every night that he was able to put together the story again well enough for me to know which book he was reading and what parts he was on. It was a beautiful thing to be able to listen to and I never want to forget just how sweet his voice sounded as he read those books all by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment