About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A few of my favorite things

First, no BFP yet. Today is 7 or 8 days past ovulation, so if there is a little zygote floating around in there it should be implanting into my uterine wall in the next couple of days. If there is not, then I will know by this time next week. Seeing that single line show up on that HPT morning after morning is somewhat discouraging, but this is only the first month out of the gate. I need to manage my expectations and realize it takes some couples a year or more to conceive.

In the meantime, I am having sooo much fun with Kaleb these days. What a cool age and stage he is at right now! Here are a few of my favorite current happenings with my handsome little man:

*"Ohh yeeeaaahh??" This is what I would say just before tickling Kaleb. Now, when he wants to play tickle monster he will run just out of reach of me and say it. I love that he initiates play with me!

*"Eh-skee-me!" Kaleb's version of 'excuse me'. He says it after he burps or coughs, and it is adorable! He also says it after Kyle and I do either of those, so he is our little manners patrol these days.

*"Bess-you!" Says this after he sneezes, but not after anyone else does...we're still working on developing the understanding of what 'bless you' is really for, but for now it is pretty cute to see a toddler sneeze then say 'bess you!'

*"Mommy help!" and "Mommy fix it!" said with complete confidence that I will be able to help with or fix whatever the problem may be. It is an amazing feeling being that important in someone's world. Kaleb has so much trust in me being there for him. I love to sit and watch him go out and explore his world, serving as that anchor point that he can run back to every now and again for a kiss, a hug, to show a cool rock to, or to help when something doesn't work like he expects it to.

*Continuing on the above theme, Kaleb has so much trust in me, and also in Kyle. We took him swimming yesterday and Kyle was in the pool with him practicing going under water (first time we tried this, total success!) You can just see the level of trust he has in his daddy. If Kyle had his arms around him, then Kaleb wasn't scared to try anything. I know nature plays a big role in temperament, but I also personally acknowledge the role of nurture. Observing Kaleb at play makes me feel proud of the job Kyle and I have done in nurturing his natural curiosity and the work we have done to teach him that the world is a fun and exciting place just waiting to be explored.

Today we are heading to Cascade Park to do some recon work. Kyle is hosting his company picnic there in a few weeks so we are going to check it out from that perspective. It will also be a great chance for Kaleb to play on all that super fun playground equipment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment