About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Sunday, July 17, 2011

I swear, it's a one way street!!

I don't think Kaleb believes me that he can't crawl back into the uterus! For 8 looooong days now we have been dealing with a clingy, all Mommy all the time little boy. I'm not certain what is going on, but if I'm not carrying him or in some other way attached to him he is on the floor going into meltdown. This could be the backlash from our trip. This could also be some regression due to the verbal and physical advances he's made in the last few weeks. He is talking up a storm now, and mimics everything I say, which is both fun and scary. He is walking on tip-toe and running very well. I've read that this is also the age where he really starts to grasp the idea that he is an individual person, separate from me. I love him so much, but I'd be lying if I said this phase isn't wearing me down. Kyle tries to help, but Kaleb wants nothing to do with anyone but me right now. I keep reminding myself that this is a phase, it will pass.

I mentioned last week that I was going to start food journaling, and I've made it a full week. I am very happy to report a 6 pound weight loss this week!! With Kaleb being so needy I haven't been able to keep up the exercise, so these results are a great surprise :)

In other news, Kari and JB had their baby yesterday! Avery Ann Ryan, a beautiful little girl. Everyone is doing great, Frank and Annette are traveling down tomorrow for a couple weeks. We will plan a visit to introduce Kaleb to his new cousin around Labor Day. I confess, there have been some waves of jealousy. It's embarrassing to admit, because I'm really happy for them. I just really have some wicked baby fever going and I can't wait for it to be my turn again. Just thought I'd keep myself honest by sharing that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment