About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

5 weeks and still pregnant :)

I took a test this morning and, yup, still pregnant. Hard to believe I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I finally called the doctor today and have my first appointment scheduled for next Thursday. It was tough to find time because I can't call from my desk (since I am keeping this a secret for now and I work around a lot of people) so I had to remember, then find a conference room. The reason I made it work today was actually because I needed a copy of Kaleb's immunization records for day care. So I got that taken care of then said "And, I'm 5 weeks pregnant so I'm thinking I'll need to schedule an appointment"

I'm sorry, sweet little new baby, I do love you and I will make time for you and make you a priority in our lives. We're just so busy and you aren't really giving me any reminders that you are here yet so it's easy for me to keep my focus on your big brother, who is plenty demanding! I wonder if you are going to be my easy going little one, or if you will be as big a personality as your big brother is? I'm really excited to find out!

I've started thinking about fun ways to officially announce this pregnancy. I know I still have about 7 weeks, but it's fun to think about.

Something that is not so fun to think about, next week's appointment. I'm 35 pounds heavier today than I was before my first pregnancy, and I know I'll get a talking to from the nurse. I have lost 9 pounds in the past month and a half, thanks to food journaling and strict calorie control combined with cutting (almost) all junk out. I had made my peace with my body, decided to focus on healthy nutrition instead of weight loss, and was feeling okay. But, with the back issues my core muscles aren't holding my abs in as well so my front is way more pooched out. Combine that with the bloating and indigestion issues of early pregnancy, well I'm just feeling and looking like a complete hot mess lately. To keep pressure off my lower back I have to stand in a way that makes it challenging to keep my core muscles engaged...aka my stomach pulled in and up. Mirrors are not my friend right now, I'm ready for my back to stop being an issue so I can get my posture back!

You're worth it all, sweet little one! Stay put for me and I'll make sure you get the best nutrition available to help you grow strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment