About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Monday, August 8, 2011

Figment of my imagination?

Took the HPT this morning and there was the faintest of faint second lines. Like, you had to look close to see it. I'm not counting that as my BFP and will test again tomorrow. I did go through the trash and pull out every other test of this brand that I've taken, none of them had any hint whatsoever of a second line, no matter how I tilted or tipped them or what lighting I looked at them in...

My back is still really bad, and no sign of my period yet, no cramps or anything along those lines. It is really hard not to get excited right now, but that's what I'm working on managing.

The line showed up within 3 minutes. Every time I go to the bathroom today I am pep talking myself that it's okay to discover that my period has in fact started. But it hasn't yet. This is the day it is supposed to be here. I know it could still come tomorrow, tonight, later this week. But I'd be a full out liar if I said I'm not starting to believe that faint line was my BFP.

I am at work and stopped this morning to pick up some of those heat wraps you can wear under your clothes. I'm limping around and looking like a complete idiot trying to walk. But, whether I am here or home I am going to be hurting so I don't want to burn PTO for that. Plus, being at work has provided some level of distraction from the screaming voice in head saying "THAT SECOND LINE WASN'T IN YOUR HEAD, YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!'

Called the doctor and confirmed that, if I am pregnant or suspect I may be, the only pain killer I can safely take is tylenol. It is going to be a long night. Again.

Only 12 hours until my next test.

No comments:

Post a Comment