About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Monday, August 8, 2011

Oh PLEASE don't be a cruel trick

Still no period. I showed Kyle the faint line test, didn't tell him what to look for just asked him what he saw. He saw the line. I just looked up my due date, based on if this is the real deal. April 18, 2012. The site I was on had milestone weeks, and when I read "your baby's heart starts to beat" I just lost it. The happy and terrified tears, I really shouldn't have googled that. I want this too much.

In the darkest places of my mind and heart I can't help but suspect that God knows this and will take it away to teach me to lean on Him. I don't think God really operates like that, do I? At the outset of this process I thought about how I may be told I have to wait, to keep trying without success, in order to teach me that it isn't my will but His. I don't like thinking about God with this "master manipulator" mindset. I know He isn't comprehensible to my human mind. Yet this human mind can't help but try to put motives and other human traits onto Him.

I know that even if I do get a darker positive line tomorrow, it doesn't guarantee that I'll deliver a baby next April.

But reading that just now "baby's heart starts to beat" on September 21 of this year, well that hit me hard. Just the fact that I might be back to getting "your baby this week" emails, dusting off my What to Expect, changing my googling from "_____ effect on ovulation" to "_______ during pregnancy" is so amazing. So. Amazing.

Even with a BFP tomorrow I have 10 weeks before I start to breathe a little easier. I'm trying hard not to get too caught up in the dreaming, to counter every positive and hopeful thought with a "you can't be sure yet" but I'm an imaginative person and I fear I'm losing that battle.

7 hours until my next test.

No comments:

Post a Comment