About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Don't mind me, I'll just be hobbling around trying not to get too excited about it

At about 4:30 today I got hit by excruciating lower back pain. I can't stand up straight and if I make anything close to a sudden move I get a piercing pain shooting out from the area. I usually get some mildly annoying lower back pain when I PMS, but not to the point of having to walk bent over like a rickety old crone. Wanna know the last time I had pain this bad? April 2009. I blamed the fact that I'd been hauling buckets of rocks from the front flower beds to out behind the garage. Found out a month later that I'd been pregnant since March. It's really hard not to get a little hopeful that the same thing is happening again. I know it isn't necessarily an omen, but I can't help it. My period is due tonight or tomorrow. I can't remember the last time I was late. If history holds then it should start very lightly tonight and pick up to full force tomorrow.

This pain is so terribly bad that I want to just bawl like a wounded beast, so why am I just sitting here grinning like an idiot? This is gonna be one hell of a twisted and cruel trick if it is just the worst PMS back pain I've ever experienced in my life. However, if it does turn out to be just PMS pain then at least it will be done in a few days. When I was pregnant last time this went on for almost two long and painful weeks. On the chance that I am pregnant, I'm hesitant to take anything stronger than tylenol so it may be a long restless night.

I didn't take a HPT this morning because I just didn't want to see another negative. I'll take one tomorrow morning for sure. Being at work will be interesting, if even possible. I seriously can't stand up straight and I have to walk like I'm 14 months pregnant just to try and keep the pain from bringing me to my knees. In my efforts to find relief I am getting myself into seated or lying down positions that I then can't really get myself back out of. I left to do grocery shopping at 5, thinking this was PMS pain which I can usually grit my teeth and walk through. About 10 minutes into my shopping I had to call Kyle to come rescue me since I couldn't bend down or reach up to get anything from the shelves.

I should be furious and cranky as hell from the pain, but I can't help but smile. Damn I shouldn't be thinking positive, this is only going to make it harder when this turns out to be just PMS.

Only 8 or 9 hours before I take that test!

No comments:

Post a Comment