About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Friday, August 12, 2011

A walk down memory lane and a glimpse towards the future

I was messing around on facebook tonight and decided to go look at some newborn pics of Kaleb. I wound up watching all the videos I posted of Kaleb from his first year. He was (and still is) such a cute and expressive little baby!

I haven't really been hit yet by the fact that I'm pregnant, dare I say it almost seems too good to be true? It doesn't seem real that there is a teeny tiny little baby growing in there right now. When I found out I was pregnant with Kaleb, the thought completely consumed me. So far, this time it is more something I remember throughout the day, not something I have to try and stop thinking about so I can concentrate on other work. Maybe it has something to do with already having a toddler who occupies my mind. Maybe it is because we aren't announcing it right away this time like we did last time. I bet it will seem a lot more real once I can tell people I'm pregnant.

I don't necessarily feel indifferent to this pregnancy, I'm happy and excited when I think about it. But, I'm also a little more mellow and reserved this time. I kind of feel a need to insulate myself from too much baby daydreaming until I make it safely out of the first trimester.

It just all seems abstract right now, and with everything else in my life (toddler, husband, work, friends, summer schedules, etc) and I'm having a hard time actually imagining another baby, Kaleb's little sibling. That's what drove me to facebook, to look at newborn pics and videos of Kaleb. Rather than making this pregnancy seem more real it just made me nostalgic for the times when Kaleb was so tiny.

I wonder if other moms go through this with the second child?

No comments:

Post a Comment