About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Saturday, August 6, 2011

God really does provide

Another negative HPT this morning, I'm now 12 days past ovulation (dpo). Wanted to get that out there first because the title may lead some to think I got my BFP. Not yet.

A few weeks ago I was teaching a licensing class at work (people come in who want to take the state exam for their insurance license and I spend 5 days teaching a class on everything they need to know to ace that test and become a property and casualty insurance agent). At the end of one day I was coming back from the bathroom and ran into a friend I haven't seen in a looong time. We used to hang out back in the "glory days" of my mid-twenties, aka, we used to party together :) We've kept up on facebook but haven't really chatted or hung out in well over a year, probably two years. She is pregnant and expecting a little boy this fall, so exciting! We chatted for a few minutes, did the obligatory "we should do lunch" and went our separate ways. A few weeks later she posted on my facebook wall asking what I thought about my day care. That became the catalyst to actually do lunch, which we did this week.

At this lunch we talked about all kinds of stuff, pregnancy and mommy related mostly. And it was at this lunch that she shared with me that she didn't get her BFP until something like 15 dpo! She shared with me her entire TTC journey and it really helped put things in perspective for me. Thank you, Lord, for sending her my way so she could encourage me and remind me that there is still hope, whether it is this cycle or the next or whenever it may happen.

I've also recently begun an email correspondence with another friend that I see occasionally but lives on the other side of the state. She just had a precious and ridiculously adorable little boy a few months ago. I met her years ago through Kyle, she and her family have been life long family friends of the Remsburgs. I remember when Kyle and I were in that "I really like him but he is my best friend and I don't want to jeopardize it so I'm not going to do anything" phase, we went and hung out with her while she house sat for her parents and she pretty much called us out and served as a great kick in the pants for us to get together :)

Anyway, we're friends who see each other at holidays and get along just great, I follow her blog, but we didn't really email a lot. In response to one of her blog posts I sent her an email and now we are back and forth with me having an opportunity to indulge in sharing all I learned as a new mom to Kaleb, as she is going through that same stage right now. She also had a heartbreaking, although ultimately triumphant, TTC story. And she has been sprinkling our emails with encouragement for me and offered help or advice or a listening ear as I go through my own journey towards holding another baby. Thank you, Lord, for knowing how distracting and helpful it would be for me to share my experience with someone else.

You know how much I love to share what I've learned with others, and how much I love to talk about what I'm going through with people who have been where I'm at right now. Thank You for bringing these ladies back to my life at this moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment