About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Why did I do that?!

Got up to pee at 4:30 this morning so I took my daily HPT. I bought some Meijer brand ones for after the expensive First Repsonse. Figured that once I got to within 5 days of my period starting I didn't need the fancy expensive ones anymore. The Meijer brand says to wait 3 minutes and to not interpret anything past 10 minutes. Well, as of 3 minutes there was just that damn single line taunting me from the test as it sat on the counter. Instructions also say not to tip the test stick up at any point. I put the test in the trash at 3 minutes and went back to bed.

Got up for real at 5:45 and, because I can never just let it go, I did the usual "check one more time" on the test in the trash. The test had tipped up and when I fished it back out there was another line, the "pregnant" line. However, this was an hour past the original test time and the test stick had tipped up, which instructions were very clear about not letting happen.

With the 10+ First Response tests I've taken over the past two cycles, when they tipped up in the trash and I came back an hour or more later to look, they were still pure negative. But this could just be because I am using a different brand now. Googled "False Positive" and pretty much confirmed that is what happened, it was just an evaporation line on the Meijer test. Of course, I can't help but sit here going crazy wondering if that is really the case or if tomorrow there will be enough hormone in my system for a real positive. What if that line showed up at 7 minutes?

Why the hell did I buy a different brand? Why the hell didn't I wait the full 10 minutes to see. Why the hell did I fish it out of the trash an hour later? I know better than that. I just couldn't help myself and now my reward is 24 hours of going back and forth between "maybe, just maybe!" and "stop it right now, young lady, you know that was a false positive, don't make it worse with false hope!"

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment