About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Thursday, August 11, 2011

If a butterfly flaps his wings in India...

...then I swear I catch a whiff of curry over here! Maybe a tad dramatic, but this pregnancy nose is serious business. I forgot how acute my sense of smell was last time around. When I walked into the house last night I just about puked from the smell emanating from the trash can. Kyle couldn't smell a thing, but remembered from the last pregnancy and just took out the trash without arguing. Looks like we're going to need more trash bags since we'll be only filling them about half way before banishing them. My thoughtful (or is it fearful?) husband also took the initiative to spray the inside of the can with lemon anti-bacterial and then dump baking soda into the bottom. I lit one of my good stink candles, so as a team we got through it.

Another symptom starting to show up is minor nausea, but nothing major yet. My back, I think, will be my biggest pregnancy tell if we decide to have more kids. I'm able to walk a little more upright but my legs still have to go basically straight forward and backward while I walk. This is not normal for me, I usually walk my feet in a pretty straight line, so people are still remarking on how I'm walking funny. I am facilitating a workshop yesterday and today so I'm wearing heels, because I'm vain like that. So I'm probably making it a little worse. After today I'll be back to flats and I'll nurse it heavily this weekend, so by Monday I hope to back to my old strut :)

As of yesterday, I am 4 weeks pregnant. That is so wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment