About Me

My photo
My husband, Kyle, and I are the proud and busy parents of two little boys, Kaleb and Jacob. Kaleb joined our family in December 2009 and we welcomed Jacob in April 2012. We both work full time outside the home, I am in the field of Learning and Development. I have a passion for studying the brain and how we learn, which translates beautifully to watching my boys grow up and discover their worlds. I'm also into learning about nutrition, herbalism, food-as-medicine, natural alternatives, and homeopahtic remedies. I hope to provide an uncut view of what life is really like as a working mom, minus the instagram filters and facebook bragging...I'll save that for facebook ;)

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Berry bonding with one and quiet rest for another

After my last post I did some googling and read on a number of sites that it is normal to feel less 'consumed' with your second pregnancy than you did with your first. With my first I devoted so much mental and emotional energy to it, reading everything I could, learning about what to expect. Now I kind of know what to expect and I have another baby already taking up a lot of mental, emotional, and physical energy. So, I'm okay with not feeling as consumed by this pregnancy.

That said, I just had an afternoon snack of strawberries, pineapple, and blue berries. As I was eating a bite of blue berries I thought to myself "here you go, little one, use these to grow strong for Mommy." It was the first time I've 'talked to' this baby. It made things seem a lot more real, imagining a tiny baby growing stronger from the food I nourish it with.

The other purpose for this post is to capture how Kaleb will spend an hour or more in his crib once he wakes up, in the morning and after nap. He has been in his crib, awake, for an hour and fifteen minutes now. He just lays there, plays with is blanket, sticks his feet in and out of the crib slats, and looks around his room. This morning he was awake by 8:00 and I finally went in his room at 10:30. He hadn't called for me or made a sound, I just missed him and wanted him to get up and play with me.

I know this is a blessing and many mothers would love to have each nap and weekend morning padded by an hour or more. I think it might be that he just savors his down time after a busy week of day care, much like we enjoy sleeping in and being lazy on weekends. But I can't help but wonder if it means something else and if I should be worried. I know, that is a little far-fetched, but I think I'll do some googling just to put my mind at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment